To setup products for Android devices, start by logging into the Google Play Console. Google Play Console is Google's central hub for managing app releases, testing, in-app purchases, and more.
This guide assumes basic knowledge of Google Play Console, as well as having an app setup and ready for adding in-app purchases. For more information, visit Google's documentation and guides for Google Play Console.
To create an in-app purchase, go to Google Play Console's 'All Applications' page and select your app from the list.
In the sidebar, select the 'In-app products' dropdown. Depending on your in-app product type, you will either choose Managed Products or Subscriptions.
After clicking Create, you will need to provide some metadata to Google about your in-app product:
- Title: A short name of the item, up to 55 characters
- Description: A long description of the item, up to 80 characters
- Price: Enter a price in your local currency, or choose a template
- Product ID: The product Id is a unique alphanumeric ID that is used for accessing your product in development and syncing with RevenueCat. After you use a Product ID for one product in App Store Connect, it can’t be used again across any of your apps, even if the product is deleted. It helps to be a little organized here from the beginning - we recommend using a consistent naming scheme across all of your product identifiers such as:
<app>_<price>_<duration>_<intro duration><intro price>
- app: Some prefix that will be unique to your app, since the same product Id cannot but used in any future apps you create.
- price: The price you plan to charge for the product in your default currency.
- duration: The duration of the normal subscription period.
- intro duration: The duration of the introductory period, if any.
- intro price: The price of the introductory period in your default currency, if any.
For example, using this format the identifier for a product that has a yearly subscription with a one week trial for $39.99 USD would be:
If you're ready to integrate your new Google Play in-app product with RevenueCat, continue our product setup guide .
Updated 4 days ago